Friday, November 27, 2020

What I'm Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I had a fantastic Thanksgiving with my immediate family yesterday, and we were so lucky to have our whole family together for the holiday. Yesterday was quite rainy in the morning, though things cleared out for the afternoon, yielding temperatures in the 60s and some sunshine to close out the day. Here's a photo of the sun setting over I-84 yesterday:


In this unusual year, there is much to be thankful for, so in a shift from the norm for this blog, I wanted to share ten things that I'm thankful for this year (in no particular order).

1. I'm thankful to have a kind, loving, and supportive family and to get to spend Thanksgiving 2020 with them.
2. I'm thankful for the frontline workers who have worked tirelessly to ensure the health and safety of people during this pandemic.
3. I'm thankful for science, which I'm afraid has been undermined much too frequently this year.
4. I'm thankful to be a student at Middlebury College, which had a well thought out pandemic response and had an extremely successful semester.
5. I'm thankful good health.
6. I'm thankful for the great outdoors, which I've been luck to spend plenty of time in this year.
7. I'm thankful for my friends, who never fail to make life interesting and exciting.
8. I'm thankful for education.
9. I'm thankful for my track team. Even though we may not have a season this year, I'm lucky to have fun teammates that make college awesome!
10. I'm thankful for weather and climate, my passions. Weather and climate are dynamic, changing and fascinating, and I'll always want to continue exploring the perplexing phenomena in our natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment