Saturday, November 21, 2020

Rainy Pattern Ahead

Before I talk about the weather in detail, I wanted to quickly mention that I'm now home for Thanksgiving break and will be for a little while, so the focus of this blog will shift to Connecticut, though I'll continue to post about VT and the rest of New England.

I hope you enjoyed the nice stretch of weather we've had over the past two days, as that will take a turn looking ahead. Here's a look at the weather map from the GFS through Thursday.

(Tropical Tidbits)

After a cloudy start tomorrow, low pressure will work its way into the northeast, bringing rain for Sunday afternoon into Monday. We'll have a bit of a washout for Monday, and I don't expect the skies to clear out at all. With this storm, some areas at elevation in Northern New England could also see some snow showers.  By Tuesday morning, there is the possibility that some areas will see up to 2 inches of rain, especially in southeastern New England.


GFS total accumulated precipitation through Tuesday (Tropical Tidbits)

We'll clear out for Tuesday and Wednesday, and then the next batch of rain will move in for Thursday, Thanksgiving day. This is unfortunate, as I know that many are considering holding their Thanksgiving outdoors this year. By late afternoon on Thursday, things should clear out a bit as the rain moves out to sea:

(Tropical Tidbits)

Temperatures for Thanksgiving look seasonable to above normal. I'll have a more detailed Thanksgiving forecast soon! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment